Saturday, April 24, 2010

BrainStem GP 2.0, general purpose controller module

The BrainStem GP 2.0 is a general purpose controller that can run code stand-alone, link to a host computer, and enable reflexive actions, all simultaneously. This module supports 5 10-bit A/D inputs, 5 digital I/O pins, infrared transmit /receive, 1 Mbps I2C bus, serial interface, and 4 high-resolution PWM servo outputs.
The module also features voltage regulation and low-voltage protectionand an on-board prototyping area.
The BrainStem GP 2.0 is supported on Windows, MacOS X, and Linux. With convenient power and ground connections for each I/O pin, five analog and five digital I/O lines, infrared I/O, high resolution servo outputs, and a 1 Mbps IIC bus, the module offers "plug and play" ease for connecting many accessories, with a set of new features:

• Infrared I/O in a variety of protocols.
• 11 1k TEA program slots
• One additional 16k TEA program slot
• A prototyping area with 2 analog, 3 digital, I2C, Vcc, and Vsrc through holes.
• Module powers down when input voltage of less than 3.2V is detected.
• 5V Vcc ouput provided irregardless of source voltage; 3.2V to 28V source voltage accepted
• Onboard power switch and low battery indicator